Selby Green Party covers the Wards within the boundaries of Selby District Council and includes the main towns of Selby, Tadcaster and Sherburn in Elmet and the surrounding rural villages. Selby Green Party comes under the Parliamentary Constituency of Selby and Ainsty, which also includes four wards of Harrogate District which are covered at a local level by Harrogate Green Party.
We campaign on local, national and international issues and look to stand candidates in local and general elections.
The next local elections for Selby District Council fall at the same time as the Parliamentary Elections on May 7 2015.
We want to give as many residents as possible across Selby District the chance to vote for what they believe in and to continue the campaign to build a society that works for the common good.
Selby Green Party is campaigning for:
• A Public NHS: taking back our health service. The Green Party will fight for a publicly funded, publicly provided health service free at the point of use.
• A Fair Economy: an ecomony that works for all. The Green Party will end austerity and restore the public sector, and increase the minimum wage to reach a living wage of £10 an hour by 2020.
• A Safe Climate: fossil free, affordable energy. The Green Party will invest in a public programme of renewable energy generation, flood defences and building insulation.
• Decent Homes: secure, affordable housing. The Green Party will abolish the unfair bedroom tax, build 500,000 social rented homes by 2020, and bring empty homes back into use.
• Free Education: quality education, no tuition fees. The Green Party will scrap university tuition fees and promote a comprehensive system of local schools staffed by qualified teachers.
• Better Transport: making public transport public. The Green Party will return the railways to public hands to stop profits being put before passengers and introduce an immediate fares cut of 10%.
Please browse this site to discover more about us and our Party.
Sign up for updates